Restroom Sign Purpose and Materials
A transgender restroom sign, open to all genders, is a common ADA-compliant signs. Not only do we all need to use them, but as a permanent room they are required to be identified with signs detailed in §703 of the 2010 ADA standards. All gender restroom signs using the transgender symbol like this one are generally used in single stall facilities.
This ADA-compliant sign should be used to mark all gender toilets that do not formally meet the accessible restroom requirements in §603 of the 2010 ADA standards. If your bathrooms do meet the requirements please go to our general all gender restroom sign page and select one with the International Symbol of Accessibility (ISA). We offer both the standard and modified version of the ISA for all signs.
If your facility requires signage we don’t offer, just give us a call or fill out the form at the bottom of our custom ADA room signs page. We look forward to hearing from you!
This ADA sign is eligible for our end of life recycling program. When your sign needs change simply ship your signs to us and we’ll take care of the rest.
We first plane the raised sign elements off the wood base and dispose of them responsibly. Next, the wood sign base is shredded and the wood fibers get re-used as animal bedding, then as fertilizer, and finally they return to the earth as soil. We hope you can appreciate this is more responsible compared to the fossil fuel derived plastics used in most ADA signs. To make it easy to participate in our product recycling program we extend a 10% Green Dot Sign® credit for the value of the returned signs. To learn more or get started, visit our Eco-Friendly Approach page and expand the “recycling” section at the bottom.
Choose the color that fits your transgender restroom sign best! To see our real colors and get a sample you can hold and touch before ordering, just visit our sample sign page.
- Interior sign with ADA-compliant letters, braille and pictograms
- Aspen wood base, US grown and processed FSC® 100% timber
- Direct fused 3D printed thermo-set acrylic raised features
- Beveled wood edges and ultra-fine sanded finish
- Wood is sealed with natural plant oils, no heavy metals, no plastic coatings
- Reduce plastic demand, sequester carbon, promote responsible forestry
- End of life return-for-credit policy insures responsible disposal and wood fiber re-use
- Bring the beauty of nature to your interior space