Directional Sign Purpose and Materials
Clearly communicate that handicap accessible restrooms may be found to the right with this sign. Know that if all of the bathrooms in your facility are not ADA-compliant as defined in section 603, then directional signs leading to compliant restrooms must be present. To be sure your office signage is compliant check our ADA guide or the 2010 Standards.
This sign does not require tactile characters per §216, Titles II and III of the DOJ’s 2010 ADA Standards. It meets visual character requirements per §703.5. For overall consistency of your sign package this Restrooms to Right sign has raised features like those in our tactile signs. This is purely aesthetic.
Our restroom identification sign that looks like this one may be found here.
This sign is eligible for our end of life recycling program. When your sign needs change simply ship your signs to us and we’ll take care of the rest.
We first plane the raised sign elements off the wood base and dispose of them responsibly. Next, the wood sign base is shredded and the wood fibers get re-used as animal bedding, then as fertilizer, and finally they return to the earth as soil. We hope you can appreciate this is more responsible compared to the fossil fuel derived plastics used in most ADA signs. To make it easy to participate in our product recycling program we extend a 10% Green Dot Sign® credit for the value of the returned signs. To learn more or get started, visit our Eco-Friendly Approach page and expand the “recycling” section at the bottom.
Choose the color that fits your restroom to right sign best! To see our real colors and get a sample you can hold and touch before ordering, just visit our sample sign page.
- Interior sign with ADA-compliant features
- Aspen wood base, US grown and processed FSC® 100% timber
- Direct fused 3D printed thermo-set acrylic raised features
- Beveled wood edges and ultra-fine sanded finish
- Wood is sealed with natural plant oils, no heavy metals, no plastic coatings
- Reduce plastic demand, sequester carbon, promote responsible forestry
- End of life return-for-credit policy insures responsible disposal and wood fiber re-use
- Bring the beauty of nature to your interior space
- Save a life by helping everyone know where this tool is located