Fire Safety Sign Purpose and Materials
Direct employees and visitors to firmly pull the alarm with an In Case of Fire sign. Clear signage and calling 911 saves precious minutes in order to protect lives. Check local building codes to learn about fire equipment requirements and safety signage that provides instruction regarding elevator and stair use during an emergency.
This “pull in case of fire” sign does not require tactile characters per §216, Titles II and III of the DOJ’s 2010 ADA Standards. It does meet visual character requirements per §703.5. For the aesthetic continuity of your sign package, and to better serve the 7 million visually impaired Americans, this sign has raised features like those in our tactile signs.
As always, if you have need for restriction signage that you are not seeing, just give us a call or use the form on our custom signs page. In many cases we do not charge design fees and Green Dot Sign offers a full slate of sign production capabilities.
This ADA sign is eligible for our end of life recycling program. When your sign needs change simply ship your signs to us and we’ll take care of the rest.
We first plane the raised sign elements off the wood base and dispose of them responsibly. Next, the wood sign base is shredded and the wood fibers get re-used as animal bedding, then as fertilizer, and finally they return to the earth as soil. We hope you can appreciate this is more responsible compared to the fossil fuel derived plastics used in most ADA signs. To make it easy to participate in our product recycling program we extend a 10% Green Dot Sign® credit for the value of the returned signs. To learn more or get started, visit our Eco-Friendly Approach page and expand the “recycling” section at the bottom.
Choose the color that fits your “pull in case of fire” sign best! To see our real colors and get a sample you can hold and touch before ordering, just visit our sample sign page.
- Interior sign with ADA-compliant letters, braille and pictograms
- Aspen wood base, US grown and processed FSC® 100% timber
- Direct fused 3D printed thermo-set acrylic raised features
- Beveled wood edges and ultra-fine sanded finish
- Wood is sealed with natural plant oils, no heavy metals, no plastic coatings
- Reduce plastic demand, sequester carbon, promote responsible forestry
- End of life return-for-credit policy insures responsible disposal and wood fiber re-use
- Bring the beauty of nature to your interior space