Mechanical Room Sign Purpose and Materials
A mechanical room sign identifies where the vital equipment for HVAC, electrical, water heating and similar functions is housed. Use a mechanical room sign for maintenance staff and emergency responders that may need to quickly access building mechanics during a flood or fire. Marking a mechanical room also deters visitors from entering.
The tactile characteristics of this sign full comply with the 2010 ADA Standards, keeping you in compliance as you mark a permanent room or space.
We recommend that all facility managers become acquainted with the resources available at OSHA’s Evacuation Plans and Procedures eTool. It may be hard for your organization to invest time and energy in reviewing tools and implementing change is hard. We can’t tell you how many different ways we had to try keeping the area around our breaker boxes clear before it stuck. But improvements that enhance safety are worth it!
This elegant ADA sign is eligible for our end of life recycling program. When your sign needs change simply ship your signs to us and we’ll take care of the rest.
We first plane the raised sign elements off the wood base and dispose of them responsibly. Next, the wood sign base is shredded and the wood fibers get re-used as animal bedding, then as fertilizer, and finally they return to the earth as soil. We hope you can appreciate this is more responsible compared to the fossil fuel derived plastics used in most ADA signs. To make it easy to participate in our product recycling program we extend a 10% Green Dot Sign® credit for the value of the returned signs. To learn more or get started, visit our Eco-Friendly Approach page and expand the “recycling” section at the bottom.
Choose the color that fits your mechanical room sign best! To see our real colors and get a sample you can hold and touch before ordering, just visit our sample sign page.
- Interior sign with ADA-compliant letters, braille and pictograms
- Aspen wood base, US grown and processed FSC® 100% timber
- Direct fused 3D printed thermo-set acrylic raised features
- Beveled wood edges and ultra-fine sanded finish
- Wood is sealed with natural plant oils, no heavy metals, no plastic coatings
- Reduce plastic demand, sequester carbon, promote responsible forestry
- End of life return-for-credit policy insures responsible disposal and wood fiber re-use
- Bring the beauty of nature to your interior space