Fire Safety Sign Purpose and Materials
An “in case of fire do not use elevator use stairs” sign directs staff and office visitors to use the stairs in case of fire. When a fast evacuation is necessary, identification and wayfinding safety signs are especially valuable. Check local building codes to learn about requirements for safety signage that provides instruction regarding stair use during an emergency.
The tactile characteristics of this sign full comply with the 2010 ADA Standards, keeping you in compliance as you mark a permanent room or space.
As this sign is larger then our standard signage, it’s worth considering how flat your wall is as you choose installation method. If there is much curvature we advise choosing the eco-friendly peg option to insure a durable installation. And remember, we charge the same for both options. Simply choose what is best for you.
This sign is eligible for our end of life recycling program. When your sign needs change simply ship your signs to us and we’ll take care of the rest.
We first plane the raised sign elements off the wood base and dispose of them responsibly. Next, the wood sign base is shredded and the wood fibers get re-used as animal bedding, then as fertilizer, and finally they return to the earth as soil. We hope you can appreciate this is more responsible compared to the fossil fuel derived plastics used in most ADA signs. To make it easy to participate in our product recycling program we extend a 10% Green Dot Sign® credit for the value of the returned signs. To learn more or get started, visit our Eco-Friendly Approach page and expand the “recycling” section at the bottom.
Choose the color that fits your “in case of fire do not use elevator use stairs” sign best! To see our real colors and get a sample you can hold and touch before ordering, just visit our sample sign page.
- Interior sign with ADA-compliant letters, braille and pictograms
- Aspen wood base, US grown and processed FSC® 100% timber
- Direct fused 3D printed thermo-set acrylic raised features
- Beveled wood edges and ultra-fine sanded finish
- Wood is sealed with natural plant oils, no heavy metals, no plastic coatings
- Reduce plastic demand, sequester carbon, promote responsible forestry
- End of life return-for-credit policy insures responsible disposal and wood fiber re-use
- Bring the beauty of nature to your interior space