Accessible Family Restroom Sign Purpose and Materials
An handicap accessible family restroom sign or bathroom sign helps us at multiple stages of our life. Not only will the vast majority of people use them at some point, but as a permanent room they are required to be identified with signs detailed in §703 of the 2010 ADA standards.
This ADA-compliant sign should only be used to mark family bathing rooms that meet the accessible restroom requirements in §603 of the 2010 ADA standards. Typically it’s easy for family restrooms to meet ADA requirements due to their larger size.
This ADA sign is eligible for our end of life recycling program. When your sign needs change simply ship your signs to us and we’ll take care of the rest.
We first plane the accessible family restroom sign raised elements off the wood base and dispose of them responsibly. Next, the wood sign base is shredded and the wood fibers get re-used as animal bedding, then as fertilizer, and finally they return to the earth as soil. We hope you can appreciate this is more responsible compared to the fossil fuel derived plastics used in most ADA signs. To make it easy to participate in our product recycling program we extend a 10% Green Dot Sign® credit for the value of the returned signs. To learn more or get started, visit our Sustainable Signs page and expand the “recycling” section at the bottom.
This sign is eligible for our end of life recycling program. When your sign needs change simply ship your signs to us and we’ll take care of the rest.
Choose the color that fits your sign best! To see our real colors and get a sample you can hold and touch before ordering, just visit our sample sign page.
- Interior sign with ADA-compliant letters, braille and pictograms
- Aspen wood base, US grown and processed FSC® 100% timber
- Direct fused 3D printed thermo-set acrylic raised features
- Beveled wood edges and ultra-fine sanded finish
- Wood is sealed with natural plant oils, no heavy metals, no plastic coatings
- Reduce plastic demand, sequester carbon, promote responsible forestry
- End of life return-for-credit policy insures responsible disposal and wood fiber re-use
- Bring the beauty of nature to your interior space