Sign Purpose and Materials
An exit not accessible sign can be an important part of many wayfinding sign systems. In addition to being darn beautiful, our exit not accessible sign using the modified ISA meets all visual character sign requirements detailed in §703.5 of the 2010 ADA standards.
This ADA-compliant sign should be used to indicate when an exit is handicap accessible. In this situations it is advised to place additional wayfinding signs directing to accessible options as needed to prevent backtracking. A good rule of thumb for deciding on wayfinding sign placement is that if your stakeholder can’t see the feature and is making a decision on which way to go, place an additional sign. While most new construction is made with all accessible exits, many churches, schools, “warehouse district” buildings and similar buildings should investigate their entrances to insure compliance. This way, you’ll not just stay on the right side of the law, but also welcome all to your place of business.
If your facility should need an accessible exit directional sign we don’t offer, just give us a call or fill out the form at the bottom of our custom ADA room signs page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Choose the color that fits your exit is not accessible sign best! To see our real colors and get a sample you can hold and touch before ordering, just visit our sample sign page.
- Interior sign with ADA-compliant letters, braille and pictograms
- Aspen wood base, US grown and processed FSC® 100% timber
- Direct fused 3D printed thermo-set acrylic raised features
- Beveled wood edges and ultra-fine sanded finish
- Wood is sealed with natural plant oils, no heavy metals, no plastic coatings
- Reduce plastic demand, sequester carbon, promote responsible forestry
- End of life return-for-credit policy insures responsible disposal and wood fiber re-use
- Bring the beauty of nature to your interior space