Sign Purpose and Materials
An accessible exit to left (or right) sign is an important part of many wayfinding sign systems. In addition to being darn beautiful, our accessible exit to the left sign meets all visual character sign requirements detailed in §703.5 of the 2010 ADA standards.
This ADA-compliant sign should be used to indicate the direction of an accessible exit. It is advised to place additional signs as needed to prevent backtracking. A good rule of thumb for deciding on wayfinding sign placement is that if your stakeholder can’t see the feature and is making a decision on which way to go, place an additional sign. While most new construction is made with all accessible exits, many churches, schools, “warehouse district” buildings and similar buildings should investigate their entrances to insure compliance. This way, you’ll not just stay on the right side of the law, but also welcome all to your place of business.
If your facility should need an accessible exit directional sign we don’t offer, just give us a call or fill out the form at the bottom of our custom ADA room signs page. We look forward to hearing from you!
This sign is eligible for our end of life recycling program. When your sign needs change simply ship your signs to us and we’ll take care of the rest.
We first plane the raised sign elements off the wood base and dispose of them responsibly. Next, the wood sign base is shredded and the wood fibers get re-used as animal bedding, then as fertilizer, and finally they return to the earth as soil. We hope you can appreciate this is more responsible compared to the fossil fuel derived plastics used in most ADA signs. To make it easy to participate in our product recycling program we extend a 10% Green Dot Sign® credit for the value of the returned signs. To learn more or get started, visit our Eco-Friendly Approach page and expand the “recycling” section at the bottom.
Choose the color that fits your sign best! To see our real colors and get a sample you can hold and touch before ordering, just visit our sample sign page.
- Interior sign with ADA-compliant letters, braille and pictograms
- Aspen wood base, US grown and processed FSC® 100% timber
- Direct fused 3D printed thermo-set acrylic raised features
- Beveled wood edges and ultra-fine sanded finish
- Wood is sealed with natural plant oils, no heavy metals, no plastic coatings
- Reduce plastic demand, sequester carbon, promote responsible forestry
- End of life return-for-credit policy insures responsible disposal and wood fiber re-use
- Bring the beauty of nature to your interior space